Christmas gifts from me to you -- recipes, seeds, yeast




As my Christmas gift to my blog readers, below you will find free recipes. And I’m encouraging everyone to give self-sufficiency for Christmas this year in the form of heirloom vegetable seeds. The squash seeds from our property -- all meticulously isolated for purity -- are available now, with winter lettuces, etc. I’m also giving free seeds with any order of $15 or more (my choice). I’m offering free LIVE natural yeast with every paid seed order of $15 or more. Check here to see the list of my seeds, which include some of the rarest in the world!


If you’d like signed copies of my books to give for Christmas, please email me with your order. Forgotten Skills is $20 for two copies, plus $5 shipping. Art of Baking with Natural Yeast is $25 for two copies, plus $5 shipping. To order, email calebwarnock@yahoo.com.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.  -Caleb

FASTEST, EASIEST COOKED WINTER SQUASH
Recipe copyright Caleb Warnock

1. Wash a winter squash. Cut into large chunks.

2. Steam on the stove with a blossom steamer or steamer pot. Dense squash (hubbards or Potimarron, etc. ) will be done in 20 minutes. Light squash (pumpkins) will take longer -- about 30 minutes.

3. Pierce with a fork to check that squash is now tender. Serve with butter.

OR, TO MAKE PUREE

3. let the squash cool about an hour. Using a butter knife or steak knife, remove skin from each piece. Puree in a blender, or through a mesh strainer using a spatula.


CREAMY CARROT BUTTERNUT SOUP -- IN A CROCKPOT!
Recipe copyright Caleb Warnock

1 medium butternut or other winter squash, cooked
1 cup cream
2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 carrots, finely diced
1 onion, chopped

1. Put broth, salt, chopped onion, cream, and cooked pumpkin into blender for 20 seconds.
2. Put pumpkin mixture into a crockpot on low. Add carrots. Cook 3-4 hours on low. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the starter! I am so excited because my dry starter doesn't seem to be turning out well. What do I do with this fresh starter? Your book says to mix with 1 cup water (doesn't say lukewarm) then mix 1 heaping cup flour. Help!

    ReplyDelete